Divorce Decrees and custody orders contain important terms that can either compel or prohibit certain conduct. When children are involved, these orders will contain a Possession Order and a Child Support Order. These orders must be followed. If one parent is not paying child support or is refusing to turn the child over as required by the court, then you may be able to bring an enforcement suit.


Noncompliance with a court order is punishable by jail time, and the non-compliant party could be ordered to pay attorney’s fees plus fines.  Enforcement cases are highly technical. If you think that your former spouse or child’s other parent has not complied with a court order, or if you are the subject of an enforcement action, please call the Fort Worth family law attorneys at Gardner & Smith.